View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #10, NFL starting QB rankings 1-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I don't know too many Texans fans that think he's overrated, but I know many who bristle at the harping that used to go on about Schaub being underrated, particularly after his 4700 yard season.

Flacco has one stat over Schaub that we all want Schaub to have, and that's playoff wins. He has a bunch. I'm not a Flacco fan, and I actually hate when people ascribe wins and losses to the QB, but you have to admit that Flacco steps it up in the playoffs. If we can't have a team with an elite QB, then I want a complete team that at least has a QB that steps it up when it really counts. How many chances did the Texans have to win home field advantage last season? Three? More? They controlled their destiny throughout the last half of the season, and Schaub buckled under the pressure. Much of the rest of the team did as well, but we're talking QB here.

Winner! Move the ball between the 20s and settle for FGs way too often, especially against good teams. The stats don't impress me any longer. I honestly believe Kubiak could take several of the QBs rated below Schaub in this list and have them putting up similar stats in a year or two.
I'm not going to say it's the sole reason for redzone mediocrity, but we hardly ever throw the corner fade. Teams run it multiple times and one game. We run it a couple few times a year.

The play is almost unstoppable if thrown correctly.