View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #10, NFL starting QB rankings 1-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I don't really care for Flacco as a QB, but he did what Schaub has never done. He played big when all the chips were in the middle of the table. That alone puts him above Schaub in my mind. Other than that, though, aren't they statistical twins?
I've never been a fan of Flacco. Up until last year's playoff run, he always folded under pressure. And that's how we beat them last year, we hit him a couple of times and he played scared from that point on.

But he didn't do that in the post-season. So maybe he's turned a corner.

But from a statistical standpoint, Schaub is a step up from Flacco.

Flacco has never thrown for over 3900 yards in a season. Schaub? 3 out of the last 4 seasons, he's thrown for over 4000 yards and every season Schaub has played a whole season for the Texans, he's thrown over 4000 yards.

In 5 years, Flacco has broken a 90 QB rating 1 time and that was a 93.6 back in 2010. Last year, he had an 87.7. Schaub? With the Texans, he's been below 90 1 time (an 87.2 in 2007). His best was a 98.6 back in 2009 and last year he had a 90.7... one of his worst QB rating years with the Texans. Over his career, Flacco gets about 7.1 yards per attempt and Schaub over his career with the Texans gets about 7.8 yards per attempt.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote