Thread: Jacoby Jones
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013   #2
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think he turns into the #2 receiver Kubiak thought he could be when we drafted him out of Lane College.

Yes, I know he's a hated man in Houston, & with good reason. But... I think the Texans made a mistake when they let him go. Jacoby may not have the best hands in the league, he may not be a very good route runner, but he's got speed (you better respect that) & he's a play maker. With the ball in his hands (if he can manage to keep it there) he's electric.

He's going to drop a lot of balls this year, but I don't care about those. It's the ones he manages to catch that are going to make a difference. Just like a CB who gambles & take chances. We overlook the bad plays, the missed tackles, etc... when he intercepts the ball & if he returns one for 6 all is forgiven.

Just wanted to get that out before the season starts. I'm not mad or bitter at the Texans. They made their decision & I supported it when they did. I can't wait for Dj Swearinger to welcome Jj to pain. But I think he's going to have a long career in the NFL as a receiver.
Maybe...

What I see is that he was the same guy last year for the Ravens that he was for the Texans previous years. Until that game in Denver... The only difference is that instead of fumbling the punt away and contributing to a playoff loss, he caught that bomb, and then made 2 great plays in the SB. I think the jury is still out, and inconsistency is his biggest problem. So, I have no idea which Jacoby is going to show up for the Ravens this year, but I think it's more likely that we'll see more of the Texans version.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote