View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013   #5
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans draft 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
What position should we be looking for?

I understand that some wants to look for that special QB.

What else?

ILB maybe?
CB maybe?
OG? OT?

Rank the positions of need, if you will.
The positions of need will depend on what players they let go after the season and probably injuries to players this season. With the signing of Cushing and the probable extension of Watt next year we can expect to lose some impact players. Possible candidates are "Ninja," J Jo, Foster or Tate, Wade Smith, etc... This will open up more holes to fill come draft time. The cap will just not let you keep all your good players anymore.

If I had to guess though I think ILB and OLB will be high on the list. They tried to address the OLB situation this past draft but it was a poor class of LBers (both ILB and OLB) and I think they will have to try again next year. The class should be better with players like Andrew Jackson and Shane Skov coming out.

So, as it is now, if I were to rank the positions of need in the draft, it would probably be:

1. OLB, Very thin unit after Reed & Mercilus. Montgomery may be bust.
2. ILB, After Cush there's nothing but JAG's.
3. WR, Still need to find AJ's replacement. Not sold on Martin, Posey, etc.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote