Thread: AJ McCarron
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ McCarron

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I am a big fan but think he might be gone before Texans first pick and I would not trade up significantly to get him. Currently ranked #47 so he could be there. He does everything well and the only thing Schaub has on him is NFL experience. That is a lot but look what we are saying about Keenum. Sit McCarron or Fales behind MS for 2014 season and then watch him battle Keenum for starter. Also an advantage to having a #1 QB pick is both Yates and Case are up for new contracts in 2015 and McCarron could be a leverage.
Who was the impostor that played QB for the Tides against the Hokies?
I wonder if the "minor" surgery in the off-season affects McCarron.
I didn't like his play at all.
Happy feet, poor pocket presence, holding on to the ball too long, walking right into pressure, failing to recognize blitzes (except for a couple of times when he went quickly downfield - once for a TD, and once when he overthrew the receiver), throwing from his back foot - mainly 'cause he waited a hair too long. He needs to get out of that funk or the Aggies will have a win.

On a side note, the Texans have an option year with Keenum that will make him an ERFA in 2015. They can have him back for cheap.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote