View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013   #279
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I watched the video and I still don't see how you can infer that Cushing was Bush's pick, and Smith or Kubiak had nothing to do with it. Bush repeatedly said "He was OUR guy" and "WE like him...", referring that it was a group decision. Sure, it sounds like Cushing was Bush's favorite player in the draft, and he really wanted him, but lets not make it out to be Bush's pick and his pick alone. At the end of the day, the GM has final say on all draft picks.

BTW, no matter who the pick was, everyone on the Texans organization is going to talk him up as if that was the exact guy they wanted. No time will you hear something like, "I actually wanted to get McCourty, but Rick preferred Kareem instead."
The last minute of the video Bush says Cush was his guy and was early in the season. Bush did say Kubiak & Smith were working the phones so he wasn't sure but when the Texans were on the clock, Bush got his man. I can see where the video is open to interpretation, I've always said, people are going to hear and see what they want to hear and see. And if they have a bias or agenda, what they see and hear usually supports their bias and/or agenda. You strongly want to believe that Rick is in charge and a GM in the mold of Ted Thompson and Ozzie Newsome. That is simply not the case. Rick is a GM in the mold like Scott Pioli was under Bill Belichick.

Last edited by Texian; 09-05-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote