View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013   #272
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
If you can provide at least one source as evidence for any of these claims, I will forever believe everything you say and always back you up. And I want facts, not opinions.
If you go back and find the video of the perspective coaches discussing the draft picks you see what I am talking about. You will find Frank Bush being asked about Cushing and when did they know that's who they wanted. Frank responded in saying he had the opportunity to watch a USC game earlier in the season and he kind of knew then, that if Cushing was available when the Texans picked, Cushing would be his pick, Cush was his guy. Bush said Cush reminded him of Bill Romanowski.

http://prod.www.texans.clubs.nfl.com...7-C1A63E15B544

There is also video of Wade after drafting Mercilus commenting about McNair giving him the 1st Rd draft picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan
But I do believe Alex Gibbs was brought in to fix the OL and he was promised the 1st rd pick that yr.
You're are correct steelb. After the dismal rushing teams of Ahman Green and Ron Dayne, Gibbs was brought in to fix the OL and given complete authority over the Texans run game. Brown was only the 2nd time he drafted a 1st rd OT. Gibbs always felt that he could find OL he wanted in the later rds of the draft. There are very interviews of Gibbs but there is one where he does discuss his research of Brown. For all you naysayers, Gibbs would not take a job if he did not have full control of the running game.

Last edited by Texian; 09-04-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote