Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013   #558
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Well, maybe Sumlin is in damage control, or has some other motive for downplaying it now (boosters anyone?).
It's not debated that Manziel was benched for the exchange with Sumlin is it? You don't bench your starting QB during a game for "no big deal"...
Or maybe he thinks that it's all overblown?

Quote:
Sumlin attempted to clear up a misconception that Manziel "ignored" the head coach after Sumlin yelled at him following the 15-yard personal foul penalty, which was assessed after he threw a touchdown pass to Mike Evans, exchanged words with a Rice defensive player and pointed at the scoreboard.

"When he came off the field, basically I made two statements to him, neither one of which should he have responded to," Sumlin said. "They weren't questions. They were direct statements that I can't repeat right now. So what's amazing to me is the perception that he ignored me. The worst thing that could have happened was for him to reply, based on what I told him."
Quote:
"For people to say 'You know what, he's not listening to his coach and there's no discipline on this team,' they're not around this football team," Sumlin said. "They're not around this program. A lot of people who have made statements about that weren't anywhere near the sideline. I haven't heard one guy or any person who was near that sideline, who heard (what) was said, speak up about what happened. So, you can get different perspectives sitting in a studio or behind a television than you would have gotten live. That's where we are with that. "
Link