Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013   #556
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I'd like to point out that I'm not criticizing Manziel for any of the off-season stuff, or the perceived taunting and resulting penalty.
I'm just saying he got himself benched, and that is a problem. No arguing that point in my mind.
I think that's fair. I'm sure its a good teaching lesson for Sumlin and Johnny though. I think he's accepting the role of being hated right now and wanted to take that to the field. I personally love everything he did Saturday with the exception of drawing the penalty. Like Sumlin said today he needs to bottle up all that energy up and re-direct it. I don't even mind the trash talking, but just make sure its not anything out of line so it draws a penalty. Brady has been known to do a little talking on the field too, but he's just a little slicker about how he does it. Better he learn his lesson against Rice than Bama.