View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013   #265
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329528 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Just like when Andre was having problems getting his contract redone and was sitting in Miami and they moved Rick Smith to the sidelines to get the deal done. Aamzing how this story skips the koolaid drinkers mind. Hip hip hooray for Rick Smith, for he's a jolly good fellow....
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I have a hard time remembering things like that, but didn't Andre end his "hold out" before getting another contract?

& the pushing Smith to the side thing... you must be privy to some inside info because I never heard/saw anything to suggest as much.

Why would McNair keep paying this guy?
You don't remember it because Texian is just making crap up. Then he tries to shout down anyone who disagrees with his Carnac the Magnificent impersonation by saying they are koolaid drinkers or apologists.

Your memory is better. AJ missed three days of OTAs and then came back of his own volition because he recognized he had no leverage, or in his own words:

Quote:
I don't really think you can really win against an organization. When you're under contract, they can hold you to that, and it's up to them to re-do it or give you an extension or whatever they want to do. They really don't have to do anything. They can sit there and hold me to that contract, and if you choose to sit out and take fines, that's what happens. But I'm past that. I'm over that. I'm here working and I'm going to continue to work and hopefully we can achieve our goal of getting to the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl.
Link This reads bottom to top in terms of chronological order. You will note Smith is still involved after AJ returned.