View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013   #260
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I have a hard time remembering things like that, but didn't Andre end his "hold out" before getting another contract?

& the pushing Smith to the side thing... you must be privy to some inside info because I never heard/saw anything to suggest as much.

Why would McNair keep paying this guy?
Smith was doing a lot talking while Andre was in Miami, when Andre returned you didn't see or hear anything from Rick Smith. At that point Bob McNair was doing most of the talking.

Translation: Andre stayed in Miami because Rick Smith was playing hard ball because Andre already had a contract w/ 5 years remaining. Bob McNair called Andre and said come on home Andre, I promise we will take care of you.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote