View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013   #250
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I agree with you about Casserly, I am not a fan either. However that does not preclude me from acknowledging that it was Casserly who did orchestrate the 2006 draft and put the 2006 draft board together. I'm not a koolaid drinker.

Regarding Kubiak, he is the ultimate decision maker, he has final say on the 53 man roster, it's in his contract. He said so in a press conference at the end of the dismal 2010 season. He did not lose that power and said he would not relinquish that responsibility when he was asked.

I find it amusing how some fans say Kubiak had nothing to do with the decision to exercise the David Carr's $8 million option but has final say on everything else. Rick Smith is Kubiak's right hand, Smith does what Kubiak wants him to do. Smith was a assistant GM in Denver and it was Kubiak who hired Rick Smith. Rick Smith IS NOT a GM in the sense that Ted Thompson, Ozzie Newsome, Thomas Dimitrioff, Rick Speilman and Jerry Reese are GMs. My wish list is for Bob McNair to hire Oliver Luck as that kind of GM for the Texans.

Much of the reasoning and thinking you read and see from Texans fans who drink the koolaid is contoured around their hopes, wants and wishes for the team, not the actual facts. It's the old adage, "they only see & hear, what they want to see and hear". If the facts don't agree with their hopes, wants & wishes they're easily dismissed with apologies, excuses and opinion.
Regardless of how the power structure works and I agree with Dale.. Kubiak had his hand slapped, reason why he was no longer allowed to bring in "his guys" on defense. A lot of our success can also be attributed to the maturation of our owner as well, but a lot of our success can also be attributed to Rick Smith and your opinion that he's just a "yes man/figure head" is wrong.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...nagers/page/25

Rick Smith is one of the brightest young GMs in the game today

and, I don't understand your last paragraph. I'm not a "koolaid" drinker by any means and am very critical of my team, but replace "koolaid" with "hateraid" and it pretty much describes what you've written. I mean, what exactly have you typed that is proven fact? The only thing I see is opinions and you know what they say about opinions.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote