Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013   #539
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Talk about the media making a mountain out of a molehill? What did he do that so awful? OMG, rice players were talking smack and making a signing motion and he did it back and pointed to the scoreboard. THE HORROR!

The refs were watching him all game long for something to flag. In the first half after a score he ran down with other players on the sideline and jump-bumped the player who scored and the ref grabbed him and told him to back to the sideline. Just him, even though there were many others there also.

Espn is trying to make everything manziel does villianous when it steps away from what thy want to see, which is him completely humbled and not doing anything special. Hell, Paul finebaum said today that respecting the opponent and not talking trash is "sacrosanct" in college football. Gimme a damn break.
It's gotten hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Sumlin didn't seem thrilled at all with what manziel did.

Maybe he hates him too.
Most folks don't understand Sumlin's "lack of flexibility". For those of us who do, it's no surprise. (Just like the defensive suspensions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
So be sick and tired then. I don't watch ESPN debate shows. I've seen nothing in regards to reporting on the way Manziel was acting. I watched the game and formed my own opinion. Believe it or not, people do form their own opinions and don't need to watch ESPN talk shows in order to do that. How about you guys just take people's opinion for their opinion and quit blaming ESPN? Y'all sound crazily paranoid.
And you sound like your opionion was formed by the talking heads at ESPN. Fine, the kid got a flag for taunting the other team (after getting taunted to begin with) - big friggin deal. I had to find radio coverage of the game, as I still wanted some play-by-play and not a 20+ minute discourse on how Johnny Football is ruining the american college football landscape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
His coach thought it A was unusual and B a dumbass move. Why don't you apologists figure out a way to work Sumlin into your ESPN conspiracy?
I've never seen anything from Sumlin indicating that taunting was "unusual". Sure, it was a dumbass penalty, it just wasn't the end of the western world and hasn't required the level of horse**** piled on that has followed. Not sure where what Sumlin thinks has anything whatsoever to do with the ESPN attack.

Does the kid do immature things? Sure. He grew up well off in a community where it's likely anything he did could be swept under the rug. He's had great success at a young age, is talented and loves the spotlight. He gets to live under closer scrutiny than anyone most of us have ever met. I doubt that anyone his age really understands what to make of everything. It shows. This is a kid (with his background) acting like a kid (with his background).

Let's analyze this a little deeper. ESPN "breaks" a story on Manziel signing autographs for $$$. When push comes to shove, both they (and the NCAA) look like dopes, as they can't get a single "witness" to come forward. Sure, that might have more than a little to do with the likelihood that the State of Texas would prosecute the brokers, just as the whole investigation had more than a small root in Alabama football. ESPN looks like the fools they often are, and Manziel manages to give them more ammo with the taunting penalty. Oh look, no deeper analysis is really needed.