View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013   #228
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed may miss games now

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
$14.5M, maybe.

But I don't see the Texans taking a $17M cap hit in 2015, or a $19M cap hit in 2016. Especially if they're trying to sign Cushing & Watt. Those cap hits will come down by prorating a signing bonus and adjusting his salary.

Someone said this contract gives Matt two years to win a Super Bowl, including the 2014 year as a "chance." I think the two years started from the day he signed it, last September. This year is his last chance to prove he's a franchise QB (whether that means winning a SB or not, I don't know, but I think it does).

Some here believe Case Keenum is our future at QB, if that's the case, I can see them parting ways with Matt Schaub at the end of this season to free up room for other players. But not if he wins the Super Bowl.
I basically agree. I think $17-19MM cap hit for him is too much. But it may not be in a couple of years, depending on whether the cap goes up, and what other new QB contracts are signed, especially if he does win a SB.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote