View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013   #222
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak
Default Re: Ed Reed may miss games now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Like I said, I'm not a cap expert.
But if I read it right, Brady's contract includes a $30M signing bonus plus $1M in base salary this year.
If Brady is out like he was before, it's tough sledding.
Or am I being ignorant?
Brady's contract is different than most in that the signing bonus is paid out over the life of the contract not just prorated for cap purposes. It is also fully guaranteed through him being 43 years old. All he has to do is show up willing to play and the Patriots are paying him.