View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013   #16
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: After the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Maybe you guys can clarify something for me as all i've ever done was idp. Do you have the option to play/not play a defense on any given week? A buddy of mine has the option not to play a defense and not playing it meant he got zero points. Trouble was, if he did play a defense he had a chance to get negative points. I had him go thru 3 seasons of fantasy football weekly totals and maybe 70% of the time it actually hurt him to use a defense. If that's standard scoring and you can't get one of the top defenses why bother--and why bother soaking up a bench spot with a 2nd defense? Can you guys enlighten me?
Your friends league must have a very unusual scoring system for D/ST. That is definitely not the norm. Usually a D/ST will get around 6 points for kick/punt return TDs, 6 points for defensive scores (fumble recovery/ pick 6), a couple points for INTS & safeties, a point for sacks and maybe bonus points for shutouts.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote