Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013   #519
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36745 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Don't you feel just the slightest responsibility though to be smarter than the ignorant media that is clearly trying to find any kind of "gotcha" story they can on Manziel and criticize the media for this more then Manziel? I mean, I won't argue that he is sort of immature and he does make a few poor decisions considering the spotlight and all, but Manziel has become the new Tebow, and instead of blasting him for praying after TD's and other Christian like stuff, they're attempting to find any type of scandal they can to bring the kid down. Why is it that people even give the media like ESPN even the platform to suc people into this kind of trash? Personally I don't want to hear all this crap abut Manziel even if he is breaking the law every other day. Suspend his ass and move on to stories with players that are playing and teams that are important.

I get sick and tired of hearing people act as enablers for the media in America by continually bashing the people they have a witch hunt for just because the media says so. By saying "well this kid needs to know that anything he does is going to get miscroscoped and overly criticized" is in essence sticking up for the media's tactics and being okay with their garbage. How about we all stop getting sucked into these witch hunts by ESPN in our sports world and let Fox News and CNN tow that line for politics. It seems more and more like you fans want to treat athletes like politicians instead of young athletes who play a freaking sport for a living.
This stuff happens when you are a famous player on a big time program. It comes with the territory. Nobody cared when Manziel was arrested last year (something he managed to avoid this offseason), because he wasn't even the starting quarterback at the time. When you are the defending Heisman winner and your team is in the hunt for the title, ESPN is going to talk about you. A lot. Doesn't matter whether you are choir boy Tebow or rebel Johnny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Sumlin didn't seem thrilled at all with what manziel did.

Maybe he hates him too.

He looked pissed. Part of me thinks Sumlin would rather have Case Keenum as his QB.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote