Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013   #512
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
It's the combination of everything he did, it was very assholish. Actually, I did play high school football, but what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Get over your homerism. If you can't admit the kid is immature, you're blind as a bat. Quit cursing in caps, you look like a angry child. Lol @ "Rice got b slapped." Duh genius, Rice sucks.

Why is it necessary for a Heisman trophy winner to talk **** to Rice, as you say? It's rice, they aren't even remotely close to being ranked, they probably aren't even a winning team this year. Teams looking for the upset ALWAYS talk crap, it's the nature of football. Mature players, especially quarterbacks, don't allow it to bother them or poke at their ego. Ya, he's supposed to ignore them, that's what 95% of quarterbacks for big schools do. Big school QBs are supposed to be above petty crap.

I understand that A&M is on the big stage now and it is new to them. Sorry if your coach and neutral observers understand how this was an immature showing on Manziel's part.

All the Aggie fans here complaining about ESPN is laughable. Welcome to the big time, where ESPN actually pays attention to your program and debates the actions of your players. You aren't getting special negative treatment, get over yourselves.
Don't you feel just the slightest responsibility though to be smarter than the ignorant media that is clearly trying to find any kind of "gotcha" story they can on Manziel and criticize the media for this more then Manziel? I mean, I won't argue that he is sort of immature and he does make a few poor decisions considering the spotlight and all, but Manziel has become the new Tebow, and instead of blasting him for praying after TD's and other Christian like stuff, they're attempting to find any type of scandal they can to bring the kid down. Why is it that people even give the media like ESPN even the platform to suc people into this kind of trash? Personally I don't want to hear all this crap abut Manziel even if he is breaking the law every other day. Suspend his ass and move on to stories with players that are playing and teams that are important.

I get sick and tired of hearing people act as enablers for the media in America by continually bashing the people they have a witch hunt for just because the media says so. By saying "well this kid needs to know that anything he does is going to get miscroscoped and overly criticized" is in essence sticking up for the media's tactics and being okay with their garbage. How about we all stop getting sucked into these witch hunts by ESPN in our sports world and let Fox News and CNN tow that line for politics. It seems more and more like you fans want to treat athletes like politicians instead of young athletes who play a freaking sport for a living.