View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013   #14
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: After the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Maybe you guys can clarify something for me as all i've ever done was idp. Do you have the option to play/not play a defense on any given week? A buddy of mine has the option not to play a defense and not playing it meant he got zero points. Trouble was, if he did play a defense he had a chance to get negative points. I had him go thru 3 seasons of fantasy football weekly totals and maybe 70% of the time it actually hurt him to use a defense. If that's standard scoring and you can't get one of the top defenses why bother--and why bother soaking up a bench spot with a 2nd defense? Can you guys enlighten me?
You do have the option not to play a defense. However you usually get at least 3-5 points even on bad days if the team can get a few sacks and stuff. Even in the heavily penalized leagues negative scores happen only occassionaly (I'd say around 10-15 a season, only a few of those are actually started that week). Something is usually better than nothing. Having 1 good DEF, and one throwaway add/drop matchup defense is probably the best way to go honestly. My at work league games come down to the wire and every single point helps