View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Game Week: MNF @San Diego

Cierre Wood #41
Quote:
Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant 1m
Quote:
Wood: Kubiak was the primary reason why he chose @HoustonTexans. Coach said everyone had an equal chance to make team, no favorites.

Wood: Was called by the Redskins. Didn't like their RB situation. "I felt like this was the perfect spot for me." @HoustonTexans

Wood: Daughter Braelin is about to turn 2 on September 29. Was the first person he called, even though she can't talk yet. @HoustonTexans

Wood says he is playing to take care of his daughter and family. "I could care less about me." @HoustonTexans

Wood: If I was hurt, you don't know it. If I was tired, you wouldn't know it. (on playing to feed his family) @HoustonTexans
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
Wood said he tried the same stiff-arm he made in Dallas on Brian Cushing and Cush "almost broke my arm off." #Texans

"Not getting drafted, that was really, really saddening to me," Wood says. Said he thought the Cowboys were going to draft him. #Texans

Teo handed him the phone once to talk to his girlfriend. Wood took the phone, said hello, thought nothing of it. #Texans

Cierre Wood says he gets asked about Manti Teo constantly. Was his roommate at Notre Dame. #Texans

"College is different. You can make a lot of cuts and make things happen. This is not college by any means," Cierre Wood. #Texans

Wood said the way he played the night before took some burden off his shoulders. #Texans

"I still can't really believe it." Cierre Wood on making the team. "... I'm shocked every day that I wake up." #Texans
AJ Bouye #34
Quote:
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
Bouye said his dad yelled when he told him he made the team. Said he thought his dad was the only person who really believed in him. #Texans

"I learned my lesson." Bouye about his celebration on the star in Dallas. #TexansTalk

A.J. Bouye said he couldn't sleep Thursday night. Stayed up watching ESPN.
Daniel Gotera ‏@DTGoteraKHOU
Quote:
Bouye chose the Texans over San Diego, Philadelphia and Arizona. He has a grandfather that lives in Houston which helped the decision
Quote:
Bouye says the toughest receiver to cover besides Andre is Keshawn Martin. Said Lestar Jean's routes are "different" and tough, too. #Texans

A.J. Bouye says he picked the #Texans because he has a grandfather in Houston and knew he had a good chance of making the team.

Bouye thinks his 4.5 40 time hurt his draft chances. Ran it at his pro day and said he was hurt that week. #Texans
Justin Tuggle #95
Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Justin Tuggle went to Kansas State as QB and moved to LB last season. Could have helped K State not blow opener on Saturday.

LB Justin Tuggle made Texans like his dad Jessie Tuggle made Falcons: undrafted FA.
Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Quote:
Tuggle: Grew up watching his dad (LB Jessie Tuggle) at training camp. Knew this is what I wanted to do. @HoustonTexans

Tuggle: When I came in, I was rotating with 3rd team. It took a lot to get where I am. @HoustonTexans

Tuggle played ILB in 4-3 defense. Says his versatility in being able to play both the outside/inside probably helped him make team.

LB Justin Tuggle: "It was a big day for me and a big day for him." (on sharing the news of making the team with his dad.)
Willie Jefferson #54
Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Willie Jefferson went to Baylor as WR and he was moved to DE. Texans moved him to OLB in 3-4.

Jefferson reported at 233. Now he's up to 248 and he's 6-5. Got to eat 5 meals a day. Now he eats 4 meals to try to keep weight on.
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Quote:
"This is a southside fade."- Jefferson on his hairstyle, which he's worn since 9th grade. #Texans

Jefferson: "I had a little list ready," of people to call when he made the #Texans. His dad was 1st person he called.

Jefferson said he was w/RB Cierre Wood when he found he made the #Texans. They were staring at phone all day.

OLB Wilie Jefferson coming to podium now. Said he feels "blessed" to be a #Texan.
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 10m
Quote:
By team meeting time, Jefferson hadn't gotten a call or been told he was cut, so he went to the meeting and figured he made it. #Texans

On cut day Jefferson tried to stay away from the coaches. If they couldn't find him, they couldn't cut him. #Texans

Willie Jefferson said he & Cierre Wood sat in their hotel rooms staring at their phones Friday. Both undrafted rookies made the #Texans
Whitney Mercilus #59
Quote:
"What I'm looking forward to is making a lot of plays, showing why the Texans drafted me. ... Why I belong in the NFL," Mercilus. #Texans

"They can't just focus on one person if we have edge pressure," Mercilus on getting more QB pressure from the outside. #Texans

"I'll be able to produce double-digit sacks" Whitney Mercilus #Texans

"I thought it was just a cramp. Kinda sucked. ... It was actually a grade 1 straing." Whitney Mercilus #Texans

Question to Whitney Mercilus: You ready to go? "For sure." #Texans

Last edited by Playoffs; 09-02-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote