View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013   #739
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Go back over the teams Kubiak has had and all of the holes that needed to be plugged elsewhere. There really wasn't a chance to draft a more dynamic QB than the guy he did draft (Yates) and the guy that fell in his lap (Keenum).

Schaub has been a good enough system QB that targeting a QB early in the draft wasn't a necessity the last few years. The team could fill in the bigger holes and make the natural progression to a legitimate contender. Mission accomplished. Now the team can focus on getting better at the QB position. About the only thing I can think of that will keep Schaub on the team next season is a Super Bowl appearance. Any semblance of a late season/playoff stumble will be the end of him in Houston.
The Texans have drafted what two QB's since he took over? Alex Brink and Yates, while I agree time is running out for Schaub, I don't think he's seriously made a stab at another QB.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote