View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013   #730
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Disagree, I think this is exactly the offense that Kubiak wants to run, if he wanted a more dynamic QB he would have drafted one by now. He went out and found Schaub and knew what he was getting.
Go back over the teams Kubiak has had and all of the holes that needed to be plugged elsewhere. There really wasn't a chance to draft a more dynamic QB than the guy he did draft (Yates) and the guy that fell in his lap (Keenum).

Schaub has been a good enough system QB that targeting a QB early in the draft wasn't a necessity the last few years. The team could fill in the bigger holes and make the natural progression to a legitimate contender. Mission accomplished. Now the team can focus on getting better at the QB position. About the only thing I can think of that will keep Schaub on the team next season is a Super Bowl appearance. Any semblance of a late season/playoff stumble will be the end of him in Houston.