Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013   #486
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117593 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Bitter?

And this comes from an unabashed Longhorn fan.

I just think it's wierd that A&M finally after half century is relevant and A&M fans dont seem to be able to enjoy it. This makes me LOL.
I'm gonna have to agree with most of what you're saying, SteelB. He's putting A&M up there.

Though with the bolded, I know it seems like that on the internet, but all of Kyle Field chanting "JOHNNY, JOHNNY!" when he came on after half-time indicates otherwise.

Again, I have two opinions of Manziel. As a person off the field, that opinion is not very high. However, he is his own person and he can do whatever the damn hell he likes. Should he be responsible? Definitely. Should he behave in a more mature manner? Of course. However, he is his own person and I'm sure none of us in his place would appreciate being told what to do by complete strangers who only have an interest in regulating his fame. I'm not making excuses for him, because he really does behave like a tool. He shouldn't, but he does. Whatever.

As a person on the field, that opinion is very damn high. The guy makes plays. He wins. I don't care if his skill set doesn't translate into the NFL, or that he's a system baby, or that he's a cocky, abrasive player who taunts opponents and goads them on. Am I going to ride his jock (a la some people with VY) and say we should draft him? Hell no, I think he has nothing that the Texans want. I am never going to ***** about him leading our college football team, or how he behaves on the field so long as he produces video game numbers and we go 1-0 every week. Johnny Football is an entirely different person in my mind from Johnny Partyboy.