View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013   #727
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Don't change the subject. I never said Case would be named #2.
Just that he had the talent to play in the NFL -- and make a
roster..

For the last month you've been sliding in backhanded statements
about Keenum.

It's clear to me you think his spot on the roster is a waste. Well,
let's see if you're right.

I cannot predict who Gary names #2. If he wants to trade Yates
it would make sense to name him #2 even if he didn't feel he
was the second best QB on the roster. (silly wager for anyone
to take because naming a #2 doesn't depend on what a coach
feels a players value will be down the road)

You think people like Luck and Wilson are doomed to failure, and
consistently have argued that Yates is superior. It was only
when it was clear that Keenum was destined for the 53 that your
tone changed.

So I'm looking forward to your bald cranium when Keenum is
still collecting a paycheck come playoff time..

TJ
I see. Big misunderstanding somewhere.

I do not hate Case Keenum. If the future Texans QB is on the roster, I believe it's Case. However, I think the offense, as it is, is designed for Schaub and he's our best option to run it at the moment. If something were to happen to Schaub I believe Tj is the better option to replace Schaub.

However, I think we're in a transition period & if our WRs turn out to be who we think they are, it would be easy to transition to a more dynamic Case Keenum offense. I think that is the type of offense Kubiak had in mind when he started this thing back in 2006. By mid season I wouldn't be surprised if Case is named the back up for what would look like no reason to us.

I also do not believe Luck is doomed, definitely don't think Wilson is. There's a clear difference between RG3/Wilson & Kaepernick/Luck. IMO, RG3/Wilson had the kind of season Lucks hype would have suggested. Luck did not. I have never said that Luck can not develop into a great QB, only that I think it's silly that people act like he already has.