View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013   #74
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Rate My Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
8 Team league I just did. Standard Scoring. Start 1QB 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 2Flex spots(RB,WR,TE) 1DST, 1K

4 Doug Martin, TB RB Starting Week 1
13 LeSean McCoy, Phi RB Starting Week 1
20 David Wilson, NYG RB Starting Week 1
29 Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB Starting Week 1
36 Eddie Lacy, GB RB
45 Colin Kaepernick, SF QB Starting Week 1
52 Vernon Davis, SF TE Starting Week 1
61 James Jones, GB WR Starting Week 1
68 Pierre Garcon, Wsh WR Starting Week 1
77 Shane Vereen, NE RB
84 Russell Wilson, Sea QB
93 Mike Williams, TB WR Starting Week 1
100 Jared Cook, StL TE
109 Josh Gordon, Cle WR
116 Justin Blackmon, Jac WR
125 Kenbrell Thompkins, NE WR
132 Patriots D/ST D/ST Starting Week 1
141 Randy Bullock, Hou K Starting Week 1

I normally wouldn't draft 2 TEs in a situation where my first one is a very good one. However its an 8 man league, so the FA pool for WR/RB was about the same as what I could have drafted at that point, so I decided to go for an upside TE in case he hits bigs and/or Davis gets hurt.
In a draft where you have the chance to start 4 rb's , you sir, hit the jackpot. That strength means you had to take a loss somewhere else on your roster and that looks like wr#3 to me.(Be it Garcon or Williams - they're good not great players.) I like blackmon after his 4 game suspension and i'm ok with gordon whom a lot of people are talking up right now.)

I understand your line of thinking for te#2 (cook) though I myself would use the spot for another wr with potential. To me this is the baggage on your roster. I would almost argue you carry kapernick OR wilson but not both after the first couple of games. You might be able to trade 1 of those qb's plus maybe Williams for a top teir wr. Just something to think about.

All in all good job. The martin, mccoy, wilson, jones-drew combo is freaking sick. If kap does his part (say 3600 yards passing -21tds-15 ints- 400 yards rushing ) you should be in great shape. The kap/v davis double dip isn't exactly brady-welker but it shouldn't hurt. Again, keep your eyes open for wr's in free agency. Overall, i'd be thrilled with your roster.