View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013   #5
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: After the draft...

Tk is this the roster your concerned about? (Quote from the rate my draft thread.) Is it a ppr league? What's your scoring/waiver system look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 K, 1 Def

I picked 8th in a snake draft. I don't remember exactly when I picked up the guys I did, but I ended up with

[ x ] Tony Romo - DAL

[ x ] C.J. Spiller - BUF
[ x ] Reggie Bush - DET
[ x ] Frank Gore - SF
[ x ] Mark Ingram - NO
[ x ] Rashard Mendenhall - ARI
[ x ] Ronnie Hillman - DEN

[ x ] Torrey Smith - BAL
[ x ] Antonio Brown - PIT
[ x ] Donnie Avery - KC
[ x ] Mike Wallace - MIA
[ x ] Tavon Austin - STL
[ x ] Kendall Wright - TEN
[ x ] Nick Toon - NO

[ x ] Justin Tucker - BAL

[ x ] Cincinnati Bengals - CIN
I know I was a bit biased against Romo in the other thread. I dont like him as a real life qb but for fantasy purposes he does post good stats.

On this roster my starters would be:

Qb Romo
Rb Spiller
Wr1 Wallace
Wr2 (Brown if ppr, Smith if non ppr)
Flex1 Bush
Flex2 Gore

Rbs: between mendy, ingram, and hillman one of them should emerge. My money would be on mendy to perform better then expected. Your talent here isn't great but it's not alarming either. All 3 have a questionable background but they also have potential.

Wrs: Wallace is a legit talent. Miami doesn't have a lot of bonafide options offensively. You should be ok here. He may not get more then 70 receptions for you but he is a playmaker and might just get you 10 td's. Antonio Brown and Torrey Smith are both unspectacular talents from a fantasy standpoint. Probably bottom end #2's. The good news is Wallace is in Miami and the steelers don't have a proven running game. Antonio will be their go to guy now. His numbers will be better then last year. Smith is a lot like Wallace in that he's a playmaker. You probably will not get a lot of receptions but he has fantastic td potential. You may get some goose eggs from him but when he goes off you'll be glad you were patient. Both brown and smith are young players who should be moving up (nearing their prime/potential) rather than down. As for the rest of your wr core I really like wright and austin because of their potential and playmaking ability. If you wait on both of them they might pay off big.

Toon and Avery are people i'd look to upgrade as is your kicker.

Cincy's defense should be solid. You've got a Zimmerman defense and 6 games in the north against unimpressive offenses (though there is rice and richardson.) In '12 they had the #8 scoring defense and i'd expect roughly the same this year. Not sure if the cats will use geo bernard as a return man but if they do you might just get a spike in special team scores.

Sifting through your players from a bye week pov you look to have trouble most in week 9. Reggie Bush, Frank Gore, Mendenhal, and Hillman all have a week 9 bye so plan for that if you can with some rb waiver additions before then...