View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Football Outsiders QBR

Yeah, I couldn't care less about those numbers.

I'm concerned about qb's that are capable of making things happen on any given number of plays.

I don't think gabbert could do that in the past. We'll see for the future. I was worried about VY when we played him because he could make a play. No matter how bad or mediocre he is, I'm worried that at any point he could make a play or succession of plays that change momentum or put his team in a good position. I don't feel that way about Gabbert. I felt that way about ponder last year going into the game. I feel that way about Luck, kaepernick, manning, Ben rothlisberger and Eli...Brady...even Flacco

If I was the fan of another team, and my guys were about to play the texans Schaub wouldn't worry me like that. Not that I think he sucks, but I wouldn't be worried about him all of a sudden making those great type of plays that change momentum and leave a lasting imprint in my brain. I don't think he has the ability to do that.

So some of those guys with bad ratings per these numbers....I'd take them ahead of some of the guys with higher ratings depending on the offense I'm running and what the rest of my personnel looked like.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote