View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013   #679
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Nah, you don't know what you're talking about. You even bolded the criteria in in my post. Neither Aikman or Eli turned in Luck type (Gabbert like) numbers year after year & kept their job.

& it's not like you didn't know what numbers I was talking about.
eriadoc knew...

I was pretty specific

Actually it wasn't, I didn't know the exact #'s, because most of what you've typed wasn't specific... I just simply winged the #s I chose off of QBs who posted "Gabbert like" stats, that is the criteria right? God knows I couldn't go off of the NFL record breaking passing yards Luck put up, his record breaking amount of 4th quarter comebacks, or his wins and loss record, because that would be stupid.. but since you posted some exact examples of this criteria below,

Quote:
76 QBR... no way. 54% completion percentage?
I'll go off of that.

Both Eli's and Troy's #s are lower.. granted Troy's completion % was 2.5% higher in his SECOND YEAR STARTING (and if we're going by how you compared Luck to Gabbert, I'm now comparing a rook to the statistical year of 2nd year players) both QBR ratings were lower and they both had a lower TD to INT ratio..

Quote:
But you're going to tell me that Andrew Luck is a bonafide HoFamer & multi-Super Bowl winning QB averaging 1+ INT per game.....nah, I don't think so.
Please don't stick words in my mouth... post where I ever said Luck was a bonafide HOFer and multi super bowl winning QB?

Quote:
'cak knew what I was talking about
No he didn't... The biggest hang up here is you comparing Luck to a bust, which 'Cak disagreed with... He knew so much of what you were talking about that he didn't even know which year of Elaine's two year career that you were trying to pin on Luck. There's a difference in a guy saying that he agrees that Luck needs to back up his performance (a performance which you completely wrote off as nothing) and comparing said player to a huge bust.

Quote:
If he does this again next year, he'll be out of a job because "real" starting QBs perform better than that. Doesn't matter how good they look throwing the ball to the other team... or how good they look throwing it in the dirt... it's generally considered unacceptable.
??? Trust me.. if Andrew Luck even matches the year he had as a rookie where he broke the rookie record for passing yards and 4th quarter comebacks... he isn't going to be out of a job. I'm sure he'll be able to find work, lol.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 08-31-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote