View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013   #31
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Closing pre-season thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Am I wrong? I don't believe Trevardo had a "whole bunch" of snaps. I think Braman had a bunch & 3 sacks for the number of snaps he had isn't very impressive, especially considering 2 of the three were more hustle than beating his opponent (all sacks are good & all, but...)

Terrell McClain also had a lot of snaps, but from his position, that's promising.
What actually happens matters.

If you have 5 snaps against a bad player and/or don't get blocked on any five plays you could end up with 5 sacks.

That doesn't mean you showed more ability than a guy with 40 snaps with 15 being run plays, 8 being plays where you were in coverage, 5 where you stunted to get someone else a free lane and 5 where the qb threw the ball in a three step drop without any possibility at a sack. And oh yeah, youre playing against better competition.

This is not to say one guy is better than the other, but I don't get your logic here. Seems like a terribly basic way to look at things when we just had four straight weeks to look at actual football situations.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote