View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013   #89
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The backup RB battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
We were lucky no one picked him up, wouldn't you say? If someone did and then he blew up for another team we'd be talking about the mistake we made.

Wood has show a bit more, plus the Team has a spotlight on them now. We might not be so lucky the next time.

And as far as value on a 4th string player, I think he's a better runner than Karim and if Tate is gone after this year I think he might be able to challenge for the back-up role.
My point is still valid. We put Foster on the PS. We can put Wood or DJ there too. Kubiak didnt even play DK, essentailly showing his hand and telling us who he likes more for this football team. If Wood was all that he would have kept him over DK. But he didnt. He and the rest of the NFL value experience and reliability when they give them the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think you're too consumed with what you believe he is right now instead of how he could possibly do to help the team in the future.
Kubiak just said that he has 75 players that can play in the NFL, just not for the Texans. Cuts are hard. There are alot of young guys that can help this team in the future, but we just do not have the room to keep them and protect and nurture them on the active roster. You have to take risks just like we did with Foster and keenum on the PS.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote