View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013   #321
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans @Cowboys 8/28 preseason game discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We'll see.

At no time during the season did I think the Colts were playing as good as anyone in football. Same for the Bengals, same for the Vikings. Just because they got in, I didn't think they were "Super Bowl Contenders"

The Texans? No doubt, if they could get back to playing the way they had earlier in the season.... they could have won it all. I felt the same about the Patriots, the 9ers, etc...

I too worry that our window is closing, but it's too early to say it's closed.

The Cowboys. I'm not a hater. When I saw Demarco Murray emerging two years ago there was no doubt in my mind the Cowboys could do some damage. Romo, like Schaub, can't be expected to throw the ball 600 times & win games for you. They are both above average QBs, but they'll never be great. They need help. Get a lead, then run out the clock.

But even last year, if they could have won the last game of the season, I'd have thought they were the most dangerous team in the play offs. But they lost, again, for the second year in a row. Lost the division @ week 17............ smh.
I don't disagree with anything you said! At all. Nice work

Cowboys have talent. Offense especially. And I think Romo catches way too much heat if you really look at the stats and what he has done with that O-line. The one year they won a playoff game they had a top running game. Since then they have had talented backs and no line and thus had one of the worst running games. As you said Romo can't throw that often. So they can be a contender or a joke. It's that wide a margin.

As for the Texans, you are probably right that it isn't all the way closed but I think the last 2 years with many teams down were the years to take advantage of it. Andre has miles and so does Foster. This year I think there are some teams catching up in the division and in the AFC. So yeah they have a shot, I just think things have to go perfect.