View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013   #627
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Not going to disagree with any of those hypotheticals being possible, but as it stands it is just as likely that Keenum did exactly what he was asked to do.
I didn't watch the game, so I don't know. It is very possible that Keenum did everything he was supposed to.... I'm just saying we don't know. Only Kubiak & the QB coaches do.

However, I know Kubiak stresses footwork, part of that is because it is the QB's method of keeping time. On a three step drop, that ball is supposed to come out on the third step. On a five step drop, it's supposed to come out on the fifth, etc...

There are many reasons the ball may not come out on time, many are legit, some aren't. If Keenum (or Tj for that matter) is getting the ball out on time more often than not... great. If they aren't getting it out on time for legit reasons... great.

If they're acting like Vince Young, not recognizing their reads, not making the right adjustments... but still winning games, you're playing with fools gold.

Let's watch Colin Kaepernick this year & see if he's actually progressing as a QB. If he's playing the same way he played last year (RG3 as well) I guarantee you he won't have the same success, either he won't play 16 games, or defenses will figure him out.

At the same time, if the Chiefs can stay healthy I guarantee you they'll make the play offs. Alex Smith probably won't get any credit & Jamaal Charles probably will, but Smith will do his job, no doubt in my mind.

Keep in mind, I don't care if Case or Tj "wins" the back up QB spot. What I said goes for both guys equally.