View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013   #639
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Tania Ganguli @taniaganguli
DeAndre Hopkins has been totally cleared to return to practice. Good chance he plays Thursday. #Texans1:33 PM - 27 Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
"Totally cleared to return to practice" leaves it unclear as to non-contact or contact practice. And with a Thursday game, when would he have had an opportunity to participate in a contact practice? From after yesterday's practice:

Either way, if we see him against the Cowboys, I stand on my previous statement that someone in the coaching staff or the front office must have also taken a hit to the head.
As I tried to point out before, this was reported by Tania Ganguli on Tues after practice. Kubiak later said he was in (not necessarily passed) Phase 4. The "clearance" could have only been for Phase 4 (non-contact practice). With a Thursday game, you know there was no way there would have been a contact practice on Wednesday for him to even try to test out a Phase 5 (even if he had passed Phase 4). He could have never been cleared prior to the Cowboys game. On top of that, we haven't really been told to date whether he ever passed his Phase 4 without recurrence of symptoms. It seems that the media and Kubiak have questionable understanding of the workings of the Concussion Protocol.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote