View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013   #191
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed may miss games now

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Would you happen to know the number for the other NFL teams? Preferably the Patriots & Steelers since many think that is the definition of long term cap management.

But I'd also wonder what the number is for the Ravens (who damn near dumped their whole team), the Packers, & the 49ers.
From what I think I understand, there's really not that much for any team that want to compete. The top players will demand a certain salary mostly based on market prices.

The one way that a team can do better is to constantly hit in the draft and to get lucky with the UDFAs.

Big Ben has restructured each of the last three years.
Flacco's new contract is structured so that this year, the cap hit is low, but it will accelerate.
Guys like Kaepernick and Wilson, when their time come, surely will demand a good chunk of money.

There can certainly be bad cap management, but IMO, there's not necessarily great cap management. It has to do more with coaching and scouting.
Good coaches and a good scouting department will make the guys that manage the cap look real smart.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote