View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013   #97
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Adam Schein on Schaub....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Schaub, despite his shortcomings, is still better and should be the starter. Yates seems to me to be destined to always be nothing more than a dependable backup. Keenum has the potential to be a starter, and a damn good one. But potential doesn't always make it in the NFL.
I've yet to see anything to separate Yates & Keenum. I think either can be a good starter, but we won't know until we know.

Schaub.... the only thing that separates him from Yates/Keenum is that we've seen his decision making in real games that count & whether you like him or not, he gets the job done. I know some guys want to separate "games against good teams" & that's ok... but they cherry pick which teams they consider a "good team"

But as long as he's healthy, 9 out of 10 HCs are going to start him over the unknown Tj Yates & Case Keenum. While I don't want to see anyone get hurt, if Tj or Case is going to win a starting job it's going to be if Schaub gets hurt.

They'll have to come in & light it up (ala Kaepernick) if they don't, they don't & they'll be career back ups.

If Kubiak is truly worried about Schaub's foot & question whether he'll ever be the same, I expect to see the #2 to come in during garbage time to get "real" game experience. If he continues to leave Schaub in there, then I'll "know" he's not worried about Schaub's foot.

He'll say that he's trying to protect Matt, but if the #2 QB comes in the game, he's preparing for life without Matt.