View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013   #15
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Alec Lemon on IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Great for management, but that sucks for the union guy, and I'm a confirmed union-hater. Honestly, that really is an injustice. I dunno, is this the way its always been, or something else found in the new CBA ?
Wonder what the definition is for an injury to meet the level of qualifying for being "IR", and how is that verified by the league ?
The current CBA changed nothing in regard to how IR works, nor how the contracts of players being placed on IR are handled. Lemon's getting the full amount his one year contract stipulated, and the Texans maintain his rights for the remainder of the league year. While there are some instances where I could understand an accusation of injustice regarding NFL contracts, I don't comprehend why this would be one of them.