View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013   #854
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Simply put, the same reason any starter plays in the first three pre season games. Rhythm, in game conditioning.

I want both to be able to do as much as possible week 1, and getting some action this week will help them be that much better.
Or it could cost them their season and/or career. Still not a good trade off, IMHO. The risk simply doesn't justify the reward.

What would you think if Watt injured his elbow this year, in TC, and Kubiak decided to play him in this game? Or AJ or AF? I'm not real warm and fuzzy on what Posey can produce this year, but Hopkins can be a game changer for us. Just as much as AJ, AF, JJ or Schaub. That's purely conjecture at this point, but it's a valid opinion that many share. Hell, we have better depth at QB than we have a WR. This meaningless game isn't a make or break game for either player. They will be on the team this season if healthy.