View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013   #172
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed may miss games now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
The Texans in 2013 are only utilizing about 85-88% of the actual fully allotted salary cap because they've restructured so many contracts in recent years past. (mortgaged the future) The other 12-15% has been borrowed from future years. This is a big reason why the Texans depth is so thin because all they can afford is minimums, vet minimums or maybe a tad more. Borrowing $12 -$15 million in advance to pay players today doesn't sound like much until you consider $12-$15 million would pay for 4 to 5 $3 mil a yr players this year. Like I said some see this buy now pay later strategy...as it's all good and some of us don't. The 53 man roster will be determined by as much as anything is what the Texans can afford vs who are really the very best 53 players available.
I'm by no means a cap guy and to my naked eye it looks like you've done some homework. That said, if this is the case how are the Texans going to sign #99? The owner and the GM are on record saying locking up JJ like forever, is the priority.

Is he going to be the only player on the team?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote