View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013   #852
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Hopkins is a rookie and the NFL is faster than college i can see why he wants him to play, but I think he just wants to see Posey in a game so he knows what he has in him to start the season. Thats the only thing i can think of, plus the regular season starts in a week, if Posey isnt ready now, he wont be ready then.
Neither of those reasons justifies the risk, to me.

The turf in Dallas will be bad for joints and tendons, in Posey's case and will be just as bad for concussion concerns if Hopkins has his head hit it like he did in Houston (which is much better than turf but not sure if that play is when he got the concussion). Again, I'd rather see this happen in a game that counts. There's not much that sucks worse than losing a player, for the season, in a preseason game. Especially the last one that features scrubs trying to make the team or practice squad.

For a coach that always preaches "being smart with injuries", this seems like a dumb move.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote