View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013   #851
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Then why not play all the starters?

Why would you risk players that are considered starters in a meaningless game, against players looking to wow their coaches with big hits and big plays, if your plan is to have them contribute in the games that count? Is a few snaps worth it? They couldn't get those in San Diego?

Kubiak is on record for stating that the turf in Dallas is one of the reasons Merci won't play. He's in the same boat as Posey as far as missed TC and PS time. Does that mean Kubiak is relying more on Merci than Hopkins or Posey? I can actually see that regarding Posey, but not Hopkins. Besides, concussions are about eleventythreemillion times more likely to happen than a ruptured Achilles. 1 or 2 more concussions and Hopkins will be a "what might have been". Posey might already be that, considering the nature of his injury. That doesn't mean it needs to be proven in the last preseason game.

Just sayin...
Hopkins is a rookie and the NFL is faster than college i can see why he wants him to play, but I think he just wants to see Posey in a game so he knows what he has in him to start the season. Thats the only thing i can think of, plus the regular season starts in a week, if Posey isnt ready now, he wont be ready then.