View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013   #90
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans cuts tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Personally, I think our secondary has been mediocre at best this preseason. JJo appears underwhelmed in the preseason. Almost like he's going half speed. Hopefully that changes in SD

Kareem Jackson
Brandon Harris
A.J. Bouye
Brice McCain
Johnathan Joseph
Elbert Mack
Roc Carmichael
I'm leaning toward HouTex' take.

The guys at PFF are getting better and better, but they are still constrained by the things they have to record as "stats".
I'm glad that they make more side notes; however, these side notes can't be incorporated into the final stats.

A guy like Bouye; when you watch his high school and college tapes, you can tell that he can do well in man coverage, that he has a decent shot at the next level.
In the evaluation thread, I noted that he was simply a playa.
If you want a guy to play man, he fits the bill.

On the other hand, I was never high on Carmichael.
Bouye was a no name, but I liked his potential plenty.
That is not to say that he will work out, but for an UDFA, he impressed me plenty.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote