View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013   #621
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Cleared or not, I would sit him Thursday.
I'd give him another week of recovery time.
And give Cruse, Lemon, and EZ one last shot to stick around or at least be brought back to the P/S.
I would share your feelings. His first concussion being a knock out. Now this one being caused by a relatively mild trauma. The extra reps he gets against 3rd and 4th stringers......most of which will be watching games this season from their couches........he will be just as challenged as if he were running routes in practice without his team mates trying to lay him out. With a history of past concussions, protocols should be adjusted to lengthen the time from phase 4 to 5 to ultimate return to game play. Missing this game to let his brain regain its normal metabolic processes decreases the chance that he sustains another concussion following lesser trauma......a concussion which will surely take him out of competition for quite a while.....and make him 3-9 times more likely to sustain a fourth. He may be fortunate if put out there, and he makes it through the game without incident. But if they stick him out there this Thursday, I would truthfully have to wonder who else got hit in the head to make that decision.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote