View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013   #834
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
#Texans team luncheon today. This luncheon is the biggest fundraiser of the year for the Houston Texans Foundation.
Quote:
Leaders Kubiak called out before saying that: Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, J.J. Watt, Brian Cushing, Duane Brown, Ed Reed. #Texans

Kubiak to players: "I don't know if Bob's going to give me 14 banquets. But let's go win a championship. I think we can do that." #Texans

Kubiak on stages of success. 1st you're asked to win. Then you're asked to make playoffs. Then you're asked for a championship. #Texans

Kubiak said he hasn't been around a team that was more hurt at the end of the season than last year's #Texans were. Liked that.

Funny Kubiak today.

Just now Kubiak asked Jefferson & Quessenberry to stand up at luncheon, then told them he was just kidding and they could sit down. #Texans
Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
Quote:
#Texans' J.J. Watt jokes, "You've got to step it up, bro," before another fan question is asked. #NFL #ArianFoster

#Texans' Arian Foster is leading a one-man effort to improve lame sports questions from media/fans. Not much progress. But he's trying.

#Texans' Arian Foster jokingly rips a bad fan question. "That's a bad question, man." Adds, "We've got to hold people accountable." #NFL
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Quote:
In Kubiak's speech he said John Elway didn't win it all til his 15th year. "I don't know if Bob (McNair) is going 2 give me 14 banquets"
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
Foster says that Sharpton "has the sickest sense of humor on the team"

Foster, Watt, Brown all say Brian Cushing pregame ritual is the most insane. #texans. Cushing said he likes to watch Bullock improve his core

You want people to say to you in this biz, "can you win the big one?" Kubiak said everyonr always asked Elway if he can win the big one.
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
Kubiak uses Elway as an example of how hard it is to win a championship in the NFL.

Gary Kubiak said he never saw a team hurt like the Texans did after they lost in the playoffs last year.

Kubiak is really charming this crowd. Funny guy.

Kubiak said he told David Quessenberry, Willie Jefferson they would be giving speeches. He just announced at luncheon that he was kidding.

The Texans do a lot of work in the community and this luncheon is the biggest Texans Foundation fundraiser of the year.

Matt Schaub wins the Spirit of the Bull award for his efforts off the field.

At the head table: Marciano, Wade Phillips, Dennison, Rick Smith, Kubiak and Bob McNair

Ed Reed is back from Vail. He's at the Texans luncheon.

There is a pretty epic introduction for the players at this Texans luncheon.
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
Posey will play about 12 plays in the game.

DeAndre Hopkins might be cleared tomorrow to return.
Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Quote:
Kubiak: DeAndre Hopkins in stage 4 of 5 in concussion protocol. Could play Thursday. @HoustonTexans
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
There is a chance Hopkins will play Thurs. He is moving through stages. Kubiak said that Mercilus worked harder than anyone today.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote