View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013   #138
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ed Reed may miss games now

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
I'm actually starting to get pretty pissed about this entire Ed
Reed fiasco.

I seriously doubt this guy contributes much this year. Even
if he gets totally healthy, he's so far behind the 8-ball in
team chemistry with the rest of the secondary that our
playoff position could already be determined by the time
he becomes a factor.

Guy should pay back some of his contract money..

TJ
I could be wrong, but I think the main reason people are upset about it is because they think Ed Reed was trying to (& subsequently did) pull one over on the Texans. That he was trying to hide this injury & then laid it on the Texans after he signed the contract.

That's not "exactly" how it went. This is something Reed played with through the Super Bowl. It was something that he thought would go away, or he would play through.

He mentioned it while working out here in Houston & our doctors asked to take a closer look. They didn't like what they saw & suggested he get it surgically repaired.

In my mind, I'm not blaming Reed. I'm thinking our doctors did the right thing, to make sure he starts the season at 100% instead of hoping an existing situation ruins his chance of being healthy enough to play in January & February.

Sure, it would be nice if Ed Reed is ready to play week 1. But I don't really care. As long as he is 100% at least by week 6 through Super Bowl week.