View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013   #26
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone making the trip to KC?

I'll be with a group of 16. Can't promise all of them will be Texans fans, but a good portion of them will be. Some of our friends, naturally, are Cheifs fans since we do live in KC. We'll be tailgating, though I don't know which lot yet. If you have a family with people too young to drink/too old to drink past 9, staying in the area of Arrowhead would be ok. Otherwise, there is pretty much nothing to do. If you've got a family/group and you want to actually go out and explore the KC nightlife, Plaza or Downtown are your best bets. Plaza will give you more shopping/eating options during the day and is a quick cab ride to Westport (a pretty happening bar district). If you want something more chill, head north about 5 miles to Waldo. Cab drivers will know what you want.

My group will be aged 22ish - 32ish. Our plan is to meet at a hotel near the stadium to drop cars and organize ourselves into a few tailgating friendly vehicles. We'll leave the extra cars at the hotel and head to the stadium from there. Texans fans are welcome to join, but seriously, don't expect enthusiasm before a coffee and bloody mary. If anyone wants to tag along/form a semi-organized tailgate we can set up a meeting spot at a hotel and caravan from there so we're in the same area.