View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013   #39
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans first cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I just hope Ed makes thru the last part of the season and the playoffs. That's what he was signed for. I've got my doubts.

My 2 problems with the Hopkins pick is 1. He had a prior concussion history and with God'ell that will probably shorten his career. 2. Stills, a 5th rd pick is a much better value than Hopkins in the 1st rd. Stills looks like a stud too me.

I had Stiils in a few of my mocks. He's as talented as any WR in that draft.
I think Stills can and will be a good receiver, but I think Hopkins has the ability to be a #1 in a few years when Johnson retires. I think Stills tops out at a #3 for a good passing team or a #2 in a team that doesn't have much depth.

As for Hopkins' history of concussions he had one minor one in college (that is reported) from a car accident. Stills also missed a game in college with a concussion. Once a player makes it through college I'm betting there are a lot of players that have had concussions that aren't even disclosed.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote