View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013   #38
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans first cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I just hope Ed makes thru the last part of the season and the playoffs. That's what he was signed for. I've got my doubts.
I hope so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
My 2 problems with the Hopkins pick is 1. He had a prior concussion history and with God'ell that will probably shorten his career. 2. Stills, a 5th rd pick is a much better value than Hopkins in the 1st rd. Stills looks like a stud too me.

I had Stiils in a few of my mocks. He's as talented as any WR in that draft.
I cant find any prior in-game concussion history. The only thing that comes up is a mild concussion from a car accident before a bowl game.

I also think its not fair to base a teams draft selection up against another teams steal. I think Stills was rated 3rd round and went in 5th. You cant make the conclusion that the Texans knew he was going to be there in the 5th. They took their guy who is bigger, taller, longer, has bigger hands and catches everything around him and moved on to other needs. Stills on the other hand is smaller, has been noted to drop easy passes and has off the field issues.

Lastly, these guys have played in a couple of pre-season games. Lets see how things shake out over the next couple of years and then we will see who was the better value. It very well could be Stills. But it also could be that he is out of the league in 2 years due to off the field issues.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote