View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Adam Schein on Schaub....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i'm a schaub homer and completely agree ... and i dont see anything wrong with that. we are a very strict, very system based team. and schaub fits that system very well. sure i'd like someone like eli or ben who can turn turds into touchdowns or brady and manning who can carry entire franchises, but schaub is good at playing kubiak's game while better quarterbacks wouldnt be. dude was on a run of 16-1 from 2011 through 2012 ... you have to be pretty good to do that regardless of what else is going on.

the rub for me is that schaub and kubiak both fall apart when pushed out of their comfort zone. i HATE our empty backfield sets and we probably have the ugliest draws/delays in football. we struggle to move the ball in ways that require us to spread out. we do however run arguably the best base offense in football with schaub. our time of possession is ridiculous and schaub is money in those areas.

the reason i and i think many here are rooting so hard for case is that he fills those deficiencies. he can run a spread offense, he can make something from nothing, and he gives a dimension that can worry defenses when we're not in our comfort zone ... all while still being able to handle our strengths in our base packages.
Schaub led the league in passing when we opened the offense in 2009. More or less incorporating "the Spread"

Schaub's problem, & I know some don't want to hear it, is that he is not a leader. The reason he doesn't put the team on his shoulder & will them to a victory, is that he's along for the ride, just like they are. Waiting for instruction from someone else about how they should feel, or react.

It was a small thing, but I saw Tj look at one of our receivers, tapped his chest & you could read his lips, "My fault, that was on me." You saw him run into the endzone to celebrate a meaningless TD in a meaningless game. Case did the same thing, he ran from the 50 yard line into the endzone to celebrate a meaningless TD in a meaningless game.

Schaub gives us a conservative fist pump when we get into field goal range in a play-off game......... yeah.

I know that's all subjective & doesn't mean a lot. But think about this. Keyshawn Martin started the season pretty hot. A few dropped balls & he could barely get on the field. LeStar Jean came in for a few games, caught a ball or two.... failed to catch a few... then his appearances started to dwindle. Devier comes in, makes some nice catches, some nice plays.... then his Achilles prevented us from seeing how far that could have gone.

We just finished preseason game #3 & it appears Schaub has already forgotten anyone not named Andre Johnson. Granted, if Andre is open, you're going to throw the ball to Andre