View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013   #36
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adam Schein on Schaub....

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
The article says it all, Schaub is a system QB, he's part of the puzzle not the different maker. If the defense can scheme or disrupt the system, then he's not going to throw the team on his shoulders and will them to a win.

When and if he does that, he'll carry us to a superbowl and I'll sit down with a huge piece of humble pie and video tape it and post it in facebook. Now that being said, of all the QB's on the roster I think Schaub is our best chance this year, unless he just goes downhill.
i'm a schaub homer and completely agree ... and i dont see anything wrong with that. we are a very strict, very system based team. and schaub fits that system very well. sure i'd like someone like eli or ben who can turn turds into touchdowns or brady and manning who can carry entire franchises, but schaub is good at playing kubiak's game while better quarterbacks wouldnt be. dude was on a run of 16-1 from 2011 through 2012 ... you have to be pretty good to do that regardless of what else is going on.

the rub for me is that schaub and kubiak both fall apart when pushed out of their comfort zone. i HATE our empty backfield sets and we probably have the ugliest draws/delays in football. we struggle to move the ball in ways that require us to spread out. we do however run arguably the best base offense in football with schaub. our time of possession is ridiculous and schaub is money in those areas.

the reason i and i think many here are rooting so hard for case is that he fills those deficiencies. he can run a spread offense, he can make something from nothing, and he gives a dimension that can worry defenses when we're not in our comfort zone ... all while still being able to handle our strengths in our base packages.