View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013   #829
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

(on the backup quarterback situation) “What I’ll do is I’ll start (QB) Case (Keenum) this week. They’ll both play a half of football going into this one. Obviously they’re going to be playing with a bunch of young players, but I think it’s been extremely close. It would be hard to make a decision today. But if I would have to make one, I’d make one. I think this game is still important. They’ve continued to get better, each of them, and push each other. I think it’s going to be a good thing for our football team. I’m going to hold off here and let them play this week and then we’ll probably lock in before we go into our total San Diego process which would be the following Thursday. I’m going to let them compete one more week and see how it goes.”

(on LG Wade Smith) “Wade is doing excellent. You’re going to see Wade return to the field with the trainers this week. You’ll see him working off to the side. He’ll start his field work.

(on if ILB Darryl Sharpton is hurt again) “No, he got sick on us. Nobody asked that last night, but we were in the hotel Saturday and he got sick on us after the meeting and wasn’t feeling good. He could’ve played, wanted to play yesterday, but we made a decision right before the game to go without him. Sharp has had a good camp. He’s really worked hard and stayed healthy and we think he can be a fine player for us. That’s what took place.”

(on if it will be hard to cut OLB Willie Jefferson and CB A.J. Bouye) “Well, we do all that next week, so no head starts. Willie’s had a very good preseason. He’s got some things that you can’t teach. He’s got length, athletic ability. (linebackers coach) Reggie (Herring) and (defensive coordinator) Wade (Phillips) have brought him, he’s come a long way with them as far as rushing the passer. Bouye has been a big surprise. It started in OTAs, so wasn’t like it just started in the last couple of weeks. He’s been excellent in his work, but special teams wise, he’s been a big, big positive and that’s so important. If you’re going to be a fourth or fifth corner, you’ve got to be an extremely good special teams player and he has been through the course of preseason.”

(on if he has made the decision to start DE Jared Crick in Week 1) “He and Timmy (DE Tim Jamison) are both playing but I think (DE Jared) Crick has really stepped forward as a player and has really kind of established himself in a lot of ways as our fourth (defensive lineman.

(on how he would compare G/C Ben Jones’ game at left guard to David Quessenberry’s against New Orleans) “I think Ben (Jones) struggled, especially early in the game. Ben played very good at center. Remember, Ben worked on the right side all the time last year. Now he’s working on the left so I think there’s been some adjustments there. I think (David) Quessenberry plays like a rookie. He plays really, really good and then there’s some things we’ve got to fix. "

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...5-137b9af02188